If you are traveling from out of town, there are a number of hotels located near Cat's Cradle in Carrboro.
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Carrboro, NC (400 feet – walking distance to Cat’s Cradle)
- The Franklin Hotel, Chapel Hill, NC (0.5 mile – walking distance to Cat’s Cradle)
- The Carolina Inn, Chapel Hill, NC (1 mile – walking distance to Cat’s Cradle)
- Aloft Hotel, Chapel Hill, NC (3 miles from Cat’s Cradle)
- Chapel Hill University Inn (3.7 miles from Cat’s Cradle) has a block of rooms held for Merge 25 attendees at a discounted rate of $69 per night. Valid until room availability has run out.
- Quality Inn Hotel, Chapel Hill, NC (3.8 miles from Cat’s Cradle)
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
For those looking for transportation to Baldwin, Motorco, and back, we have enlisted the help of the Bridge Bus. You can reserve a spot for $15, with pick-up and drop-off at the Hampton Inn in Carrboro. Seats are limited.
THURSDAY / FRIDAY* / SATURDAY
The remainder of Merge 25 will take place in downtown Carrboro, which has an extremely walkable footprint. We strongly encourage those who can bike, walk, or carpool to do so all weekend long.
A map with bike rack locations in Carrboro can be found here. There will also be some spots located in the alley by the entrance of Cat’s Cradle.
For those driving, there is limited street parking in the area as well as public lots in Carrboro and nearby Chapel Hill. The north campus of UNC also has a few parking options. Note that some lots are metered while others allow for all-day parking. Please pay close attention to the signage.
Pro tip: DO NOT PARK AT WEAVER STREET MARKET. YOU WILL BE TOWED.
Car services are also an option. Goodfellas Taxi (919) 537-2078, Mr. Taxi (919) 260-2560, and Tar Heel Taxi (919) 933-1255 are a few of the local cab companies. You can also try Uber.com or Lyft.com, which have recently begun service in the Triangle area.
Chapel Hill Transit provides free bus service, though it may stop running before the end of the concert.
No matter how you get to the shows, please plan ahead and allow ample travel time (including finding parking) so you don’t miss any of your favorite bands!
Again, we STRONGLY encourage festival attendees to carpool, take cabs, bike and walk whenever possible.
* Important note about Friday night: If you park at the venue, PLEASE REMOVE YOUR CAR FROM THE CAT'S CRADLE LOT BY 1:30 AM OR RISK BEING TOWED. Crews will be arriving shortly after Destroyer's set in order to set up the stage for Saturday's outdoor concert, so the lot needs to be empty. Thank you for your cooperation, and please spread the word!